This ABCGA APPROVED Ground Disturbance Level 2 Online course is valid for any Worker or Supervisor who requires Ground Disturbance training (level 1 or level 2). ABCGA Approved (via Astec Safety)!
Upon successful completion of this Ground Disturbance for Supervisors Training course you should be able to recognize and explain ground disturbance; describe how to detect and classify underground facilities; understand relevant regulations with ground disturbance; explain the risks of ground disturbance; select what permits and agreements may be required; identify the responsibilities for ground disturbers; and clearly identify safety requirements for Ground Disturbance.
This Ground Disturbance Online course is APPROVED and recognized by the ABCGA (Alberta Common Ground Alliance). The certificate holds the ABCGA logo of recognition.
This Online Ground Disturbance for Supervisors Course Covers:
- What is ground disturbance?
- Common words & terms
- Regulations around ground disturbance
- Penalties for non-compliance
- Responsibilities for those involved
- Approvals for Ground Disturbance
- Permit types
- Ground disturbance agreements
- Circumstances affecting permits or agreements
- Soil types, cutbacks, and sloping according to Alberta & Saskatchewan regulations
- Reclamation process
- Ways to reduce impact on the environment
- Locating underground facilities
- How to mark underground facilities
- Exposure process for underground facilities
- Backfill procedure and responsibilites
- Historical destruction to underground facilities
- Common causes of contact
- Potential issues and consequences with contact
- How to prevent contact and how to prepare
- What defines ‘contact’ and the procedures if contact is made