A safety-minded workplace should be free of the dangers associated with Alcohol and Drug use. Increased knowledge on the impact of Alcohol and Drug use in the workplace has spurred updates to Occupational Health and Safety Legislation. Today, better informed employers are ensuring that employees arriving to the workplace are “fit-for-work.”
A worker’s Alcohol or Drug use puts all those around them at risk for accidents and injury. Although the employer has the main duty of ensuring compliance with OH&S Legislation, it is the responsibility of both the employee and the employer to act in accordance with it.
This Alcohol and Drug Awareness Online course focuses on the keys of being “fit-for-work” and recognizes individual responsibilities for safeguarding the health and safety of everyone.
This Online Alcohol and Drug Awareness Course Covers:
- The high incidence of alcohol and drug related issues in the workplace today
- The Legalities on “fit-for-work” guidelines in the workplace
- Safety compliance
- Alcohol and drug awareness principles
- The actions to take if a worker may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Penalties for non-compliance
- Why you may be asked to take an Alcohol and Drug test at work