Online orientations are typically made up of a series of steps consisting of collecting information from the user, performing digital policy sign-offs, presenting orientation content and resources through online presentation & video’s etc., assessing the user’s knowledge through online tests and providing certification upon successful completion of the training program.
Online Orientations reduce the administrative work and the cost of training the workers and subcontractors. The workers and subcontractors can simply click a unique URL (web link) to instantly setup their account and take the online courses required. Regardless of whatever job they are doing, an online platform can ensure that the contract workers are fully oriented, safe and productive BEFORE arriving to the worksite. The project owners can communicate directly with the contract workers, or through the labor supplier they work for. It streamlines the projects on-boarding program and reduces the time spent on admin. In this case, workers or subcontractors take the online orientation(s) PRIOR to arriving at the worksite. Typically online training is 40% shorter in duration and helps non-native English workers with content-comprehension better than traditional lecture-based classroom training. Online training is low-pressure, self-directed and available 24/7.
ID verification technology can legally verify ‘who’ took the online course and validate that they were in ‘attendance’ and engaged for the entirety of the course. A course completion certificate is provided after assessing the course and verification of participant is confirmed or denied by the virtual proctoring technology.
As all the processes are conducted online and available 24/7, the workers can select their own timing and attend the course whenever they are free. The workers are provided with a wide range of study materials which is available for reference at any time within the course. The workers can monitor their own progress at any time.
Major projects can simply streamline their on-boarding process with the latest and greatest innovations in online training.
Online orientations are used to implement learning that can provide experienced workers with key information, resources and brand-new knowledge while providing new workers all of the in-depth information, background knowledge, and learning needed to get up to speed.
Online Orientations Provides Full Customization of Training Program.
You are in charge of the course-content being delivered. The various features of an online training program may include:
- Virtual Proctoring: Using the employee’s webcam, we can virtually proctor your orientation, ensuring users pay attention to the content and verifying their identity. This information is heavily encrypted and managed on Canadian servers.
- Certificate Upload Technology: Workers can optionally upload all of their historical training directly into the orientation course. These records will automatically populate in their account after being verified by a supervisor or manager.
- President’s Message: Using technology as simple as a cell phone, it’s easy to take a video of the president addressing the team, and then upload the message directly into the orientation.
- Mainstream Multimedia: Admins can upload your current orientation directly into the system, whether it consists of video, HTML5 files, or PowerPoint slides. Workers can then access it through any Internet-ready mobile device.
- SCORM Compliant: Both SCORM 1.2 and 2004 files can be uploaded directly into your orientation for easy access.
- Self-Registration: By creating a website link to your orientation, you can have contractors or employees simply click to access the orientation, setting up an account for themselves in minutes.
- Exam Engine: Using the system’s integrated exam engine, it’s easy to pepper questions throughout the material for higher levels of employee engagement and knowledge retention.
- Digital Forms: Digital forms can be included as part of the orientation, allowing employees to complete all of their policies, procedures, self- identifications, medial questionnaires, etc. right inside the course.
The beauty of online orientations is that is seamlessly automates a process that is historically performed manually by an instructor. Traditional classroom-based orientations have limitations in availability and challenges with course-content continuity. By reducing these on-boarding delays, this provides a very high ROI for the company implementing this process. With robust alerts, reporting and ID badge technology, you can give gate security an easy way to check if personnel are validated for entry. All of this and more is possible through one, easy-to-use application.